Thursday, March 5, 2009

So why start a blog?

Marbill is a geocaching and waymarking team in Punta Gorda, FL. Bandaid is the Mary part of the team. Where did you come up with Bandaid? I hear that question alot! It's my GS "camp" name and was given to me about 7 years ago by a group of girls at "Winter Camp." As a 40 something Girl Scout and Geocacher/Waymarker, this seems like a neat way to share adventures and information. My hubby rides with a Motorcycle Club called the Defenders, so we can share those adventures here too. Besides, my GS Troop consists of teenagers and this way they can't call me a "Dork"...LOL!
I wear many different hats and am always on the go. First and formost there is the "Mom" hat. We have an older son who is grown with 2 babies of his own (Yes, there is also the grandma hat) and 3 still at home. In my work hat I am a Nurse. In my Girl Scout hat I am a Troop Leader, Trainer, and Program Helper. In my Motorcycle Helmet I am the nut on the back of the bike taking pictures at 60mph. I wear my waymarking hat almost all the time. Waymarking has become a favorite activity and a great way to look at my world through a new pair of glasses. I'm having a great time and learning a ton about local history. I'm excited to be planning a Waymarking "pathway" for our Girl Scout Council over the summer. I am currently involved in setting up a benefit ride with my husband using many of the "memorial" waymarks posted in our local area and will be helping out with our first Council Geocaching Event through GS at Oscar Scherer on March 14th.

No comments:

Post a Comment