Friday, December 5, 2014

The next installment-Toxic People

     Well it's 0300 and I've been up now for about an hour and a half. Isn't insomnia wonderful? Actually I'm sleeping much better these days. I'm finally at the end of the monumental task of closing up the house. I have to say that for the first time in 3 years I have my "shit together." Now I just have to find it! LOL! The countless hours of sorting tools, craft supplies and 46 years of family life in this place have finally come to an end. The  house is all but closed and it echos so badly it's eerie. I've never in my life seen it empty. I believed with all my heart that I would simply purchase my home back and live out the rest of my years here as my mom and grandparents did. Financial Freedom /OneWest Bank had different ideas. You can read about that on Face Book.  Reverse Mortgages are Predatory Lending and follow my new blog Go Ask Leonard. I am moving my campaign to slander OneWest Bank away from my personal blog and in to it's own format.
     I'm not done with this personal blog though. As I said in my last post, it's time to look at my life. I'll be 50 in 15 days. In the year since my mom died I have fought with everything I have to keep my home. That's all over now and as I close my eyes to sleep at night I can't help but think about the number of people who have taken advantage of me and stepped on me when I was down over the last 3 years. Some have stolen. Others have lied and manipulated and still others have have used the most hurtful of all weapons. My grandchildren. 
     Over the years I grew up watching first my grandparents and then my mom continually try to help people, with much the same result as I have gotten. It taught me to believe in the goodness in people and in humanity. In the end though a slim few of those people were around during their final days. It saddened me to have mom ask for people who she thought were her friends, only to have to tell her that I had already called them and could do no more.                   Unfortunately our society is full of what I am calling "Toxic" People. I'm sick to death of them.      During these trying times it has been my true friends who have helped me get up over and over again. The toxic people who I have met along the way only suck the life out of me. Some days it seems like there isn't much life left. Mostly though I'm committed to getting Silly Sisters Studio off the ground and exposing Financial Freedom and OneWest Bank for the vultures that they are.
     If you are reading this blog I guess it's up to you to decide if you are one of the toxic ones. Don't get me wrong, I still believe in humanity and in the goodness of people. I will however be making better decisions about who to trust with my heart, my energies and my resources. If you are into emotional sabotage, need money or a place to stay, lie, steal and manipulate Or think you are entitled to everything I plan to keep you out of my life and my space. I don't have the time or energy for drama. Life and kids come with a certain amount of it but I don't have to have your's added to it. 
     It's time for me to move along and figure out what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. For today it's all Studio and Slander!! I plan to pitch my tent at the court house tonight during art walk to try to get some media attention. During the 3 weeks prior to the sale my sister and I contacted all 4 local channels and they all declined to do a story. They suck and I'm calling them out! I'll bet they would have done a story if I had lived with my dead mummified mother in the house for 9 months. A lady a few years back was all over the news for that and guess what! The community came together and fixed her house so it wasn't condemned and packed with hoarded junk. ALL I WANT IS A VOICE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment