Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fort Stewart, GA



Our first stop on Tuesday was Fort Stewart - Home of the 3rd Infantry Division Mechanized. It was quite an ordeal getting a pass from the TSA officer who didn't speak much english. I can't wrap my brain around that. It seems to me that our military bases should be protected by our soldiers or at least by someone who speaks the language well, but what do I know? Anyway we finally convinced him that we were not terrorists and we got our pass. The kids had a great time seeing all the military equipment and aircraft displays. There is a museum on base, but we were pressed for time. Maybe next trip. We had a good laugh over the "Tank Crossing" signs we passed on our way out. Visit the Tank Crossing. I was suprised to see that there were waymarks posted on the base. I wasn't sure if it would be acceptable but since it is we were able to post some of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment